Warning: This post will be heavily peppered with Tagalog.
Jolina girl, thanks for the nomination. Mabangis na kung mabangis ang taste sa indie music. Kaka-flatter, ‘kala ko ako lang may trip sa sarili kong playlists. HAHA.
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Tag it under #awesomebloggeraward in the Reader.
3. Answer the questions your nominator gave you.
4. Nominate at least 5 awesome bloggers.
5. Give your nominees 10 new questions to answer.
6. Let your nominees know they’ve been nominated.
1. Excluding social media and blogging platforms, is there any other website that you constantly visit?
Yes, very rarely though. Almost everything I do online is connected to social media. But, if there’s one website that I really took a liking to all these years, it’s Project Gutenberg. It’s a collection of books for which copyrights have expired, meaning old but very much FREE books. Back in uni, I read a copy of Japanese Fairy Tales from here.
2. Let’s say I want to start a twee pop band. Raw guitar sound, anti-folkish vibe, and tamad-tamaran school of singing a la Zooey Deschanel – care to suggest a band name?
LOL at ‘tamad-tamaran school of singing.’ Twee pop like The Pains of Being Pure at Heart pero antifolk din like The Moldy Peaches. Then Zooey’s She&Him.
My Maudlin Career, after a song by Camera Obscura.
3. If I were to visit your city, would you meet up with me so we could make chika chika in person?
Yes, girl! DE-FI-NITE-LY. Let’s have mango lassi and make lakad through the trail or the rich people houses at Rosedale Valley. Or Distillery District to chibog-chibog while making lakad on cobblestone alleys.
4. Do you identify as a feminist? Why or why not?
I identify as one because I believe in the equality of opportunity and outcome for all sexes. I seriously think we can become a better society if these were available to everyone, cases in point: Scandinavian and Nordic countries.
5. Would you ever consider going vegetarian?
I have and I tried it for a week. I felt less bloated and I ate more often without feeling disgusted about myself afterwards. I should be vegetarian but BACON, salami, prosciutto, oysters and bangus.
6. What do you think about President Duterte’s term so far?
Biased ako girl ’cause I was raised in Davao City and I’m a proud Mindanaoan. I lived what he did for my city and I’m forever thankful. He’s more productive than other presidents, I’d say. Because of his ‘antics,’ we’re no longer an afterthought in international politics. Dati nahihiya ako every time previous administrations kissed US’s ass. Akala ko apathetic na tayong lahat pero, when he started campaigning, nakita ko na interesado pala talaga sa pagbabago ang mga Pilipino. Whether people agree with his politics or not, no one can deny that he initiated a lot of conversations around Filipino history and what that means for us now.
7. Favorite book?
I read nonfiction and poetry, mostly. I enjoyed reading The Almost Nearly Perfect People: Behind The Myth of The Scandinavian Utopia.
8. What’s the last song that got stuck in your head?
Rule My World by Kings of Convenience.
9. Do you ever get hit by a sudden feeling of loneliness? How do you deal with it?
Yes. I tell myself: ‘At the end of the day, we’re all alone. Start getting comfortable with it.’ It sounds depressing, I know, but it’s the truth. The best thing you can do with that truth is make peace with it.
10. Anything you want to achieve before the year ends?
Be a good, if not better, student. Ang expensive maging student tapos ‘di gagalingan. Sayang ang time and money, ‘di ba?
I can’t nominate anyone yet because I’m quite new here. Siguro pag matagal-tagal na ‘ko dito, I will.
Salamat sa nomination, Jolens.